Hey cuties! I’m back from Jan Term break, and ready to get cookin’!
Here’s a simple yet intensely flavorful recipe I found on Fat Free Vegan Blog. Samosas are maybe my favorite part about Indian food, so when I stumbed across these Samosa Wraps I knew I had hit the jackpot. Potatoes, tofu and frozen peas are the meat of this dish (pun intended). Obviously I added extra jalapeños, just for that needed punch of spicy. Enjoy this relatively quick meal! I know I did!
Adapted from Fat Free Vegan Blog
- 1 pound (450 g) red or gold potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 14 ounces (390 g) extra-firm tofu, frozen for 24 hours and thawed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup (236 ml) frozen green peas
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 whole-grain tortillas
Cook the potatoes, unpeeled, in boiling water until they’re tender (pierce easily with a fork). Remove from water and set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (6mm).
Squeeze tofu to remove as much water as possible. Cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
Heat a deep non-stick skillet and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion begins to brown. Add peas, tomato, ginger, jalapeno pepper, and 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring, until peas thaw.
Add potatoes and tofu to skillet along with 1/2 cup water, salt, curry powder, coriander, cumin, cayenne, and lemon juice. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Remove cover and cook until most liquid has evaporated. Check to see if more salt or lemon is needed.